Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: Buying used - strategies?

I agree I have had great luck using Agon as one of my favorite hunting grounds for good used and new gear. Always look at the sellers feedback, and ask them your important questions before you buy the item. Sometimes the seller will shave off a few duckets on their asking price on agon. Always make sure you get the shipping quote upfront are my humble suggestions if you use epay. If the seller on any forum has no time to answer a few reasonable questions, or does not want to give you his phone number if you want to speak to him before you buy the item, than perhaps you should consider looking elsewhere. Always remember another amp or whatever you are looking for will show up again for sale. Just wait for whatever you are looking for and find a very nice example. I think my two best buys were my pair of Klimo push pull el34 mono blocks, and my 100% mint and mark free Well Tempered Classic turntable on Agon. Good luck! John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Buying used - strategies? - jpchleapas 15:40:02 03/11/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.