Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

We're talking about art

your analogy doesn't fit........

I know that I prefer Manet over Van Gogh. I certainly don't own any paintings of either artist. I really like Edvard Munch's paintings the best, - pre lobotomy. A reviewer can't possibly buy all of the equipment that she likes, but does that make her any less competant to compare items and state their preferences and/or analyze their qualities?

Just think of how many decisions and choices that one makes every single day, - do none of them have any validity unless they've been purchased?

You may have a point that purchasing behavior might be the BEST indicator of preferences, - but that doesn't mean that other experiences are invalid. Some reviewers spend months with components, many times, the sample has been long broken in. Given that person's experience(s), - many have the ability to make a more than fair assessment of the product.

"Swimming in the river that floods the neighborhood, I could call to you, but it would do no good"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • We're talking about art - Sordidman 08:45:25 11/30/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.