Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Dare I start a new thread on Denefrips Preamps?

Looks like it has an excellent all-important stepped attenuator volume control [not a cheap chip based control] and what appears to be very good build quality. I wouldn't mind trying one myself but I'm enjoying my Benchmark LA4.

I saw a review on 6Moons that inmate Feanor posted and it looks like the Denafrips Athena compares favorably against the highly regarded Wyred 4 Sound STP SE II, but the Denafrips doesn't look like it was built in a garage. Sorry Wyred 4 Sound. You make outstanding gear but you can do better on the case work with some of your products.

I forgot which inmate here in the Asylum had the W4S preamp and upgraded to the Benchmark LA4 which he prefers.

My ONLY reservation with Denafrips would be service even though I owned one of their products. My limit with over seas purchases is right around a thousand bucks. Any more and I get nervous but that's just my personal comfort zone. If something breaks I wouldn't be happy about shipping expensive broken product several thousand miles away over seas and dealing with customs issues, insurance if lost or damaged, and other potential delays.

The Vinshine website claims to have a US service partner but there's no weblink to that partner, and a Google search shows ambiguous results. I can't find that service partner.

Utilitarian W4S Preamp on top of Attractive Denafrips

Edits: 06/04/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.