Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: M700: "before the huge price increase" ??

There may have been a time when some dealers sold off their inventory of PS Audio gear as PS Audio was going to a direct sales model. However, buying at dealer cost is not official pricing. It's just the price that some dealers may have been willing to let product go for IF they still had inventory on hand.

M700 MSRP was originally $2998/pair and now $3298 5 years later. I wouldn't call that a "huge price hike". It's 10%.

For what it's worth, I think PS Audio made the right choice in canning all of their dealers. IMHO most dealers offer no value-add and trying to manage your dealer channel, territory, and brand value erosion from excess discounting can be a royal PITA.

Cary had the same problem. There was a time when it was easy peasy to get 30% off or more on Cary gear by shopping it around to see which dealers were willing to whore their goods.

To be fair, there are some good dealers out there and they can be useful especially if you're the type who requires (or enjoys) the hand holding and affirmation that you made the right purchasing decision.

Edits: 05/08/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: M700: "before the huge price increase" ?? - AbeCollins 14:52:06 05/08/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.