Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

You and Feanor make valid points about pricing and newer designs

The recent sale pricing on PS Audio Class D amps could be just a sale as they've had them before or it could be in response to price competition and newer designs on the drawing board. Maybe all of the above. The S300 and M700 are 5 year old designs. I believe the M1200 is a couple years newer.

I'm not ready to jump on the GaNFET module of the month. I did that when NCORE became all the rage so I tried 3 NCORE amps. I decided that I preferred ICEPower [in a pair of Wyred4sound monoblock amps].

My preference must also have something to do with how the input section is designed and voiced. PS Audio and Wyred4Sound have been around the block a few times in this regard so I contend that it is not just a matter of which popular module a company chooses to stuff into their chassis even though many "garage shops" do just that. Not all, but many.

Class D is interesting to watch as we continue to see real advances in design and sonics in recent years.

Edits: 05/06/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.