Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Considering A Change In Electronics? Any Recommendations?

Hi Rod

The AVM amplifiers I have are the AMP Essential Monoblocks, which were from the company before the fellow from Burmester Audio bought them. These were not even widely imported to the US, they were brought in by an East Coast dealer for a company and the owner damaged one somehow. When back in the dealers possession he passed away and the amps sat on a shelf forgotten. Someone I knew bought them and had them repaired. He eventually went the SET route and I bought them on a whim. They sound very nice after about 48 hours of warm up. These are some of the more satisfying SS gear I have heard, linear, refined, no weird tonal aberrations, and just natural sounding.

Will look at the Ayre pre-amps, they sound like what I am looking for. Also found out Klyne Audio Arts is still producing pre-amps and they are about 30 minutes from my home. Going to reach out and see what Stan is doing.

Thanks for the info!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Considering A Change In Electronics? Any Recommendations? - Mister Pig 08:52:46 05/05/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.