Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Ayon Audio

I have two Ayon amps and an Ayon DAC as well as having had an amp in the past

The two amps are the Ayon Spark and Ayon Helios. Both sound very powerful (despite rather pathetic measurements) slightly rich but transparent with powerful bass and great soundstage and dynamics. The previous amp I had was the Crossfire III, which is also very dynamic with powerful bass but less rich sounding (arguably more neutral).

The Ayon Skylla II DAC that I have is really quite a machine. Very good sound with huge dynamics and soundstage. Uses 4 x BB PCM1704 24bit dac chips and a full blown, tube rectified tube output preamp as the output stage. One of the nicest sounding DACs I have heard or owned.

Their build quality on the surface is very good but either their QC or the fact that they all run very hot seems to lead to some quality issues. Perhaps it's not worse than a lot of other brands but there is somewhat of a negative reputation there.

Sonically, IMO they deliver the goods and are worth the money given the sound and parts quality (my DAC comes stock with Mundorf Silver/gold in oil caps...3 of them per channel! Quite expensive).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.