Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Ayon Audio

Yeah Primaluna is one brand I am thinking of. But Kevin Deal is one dude I am bit leery of. The guy can sell a plastic spoon for $200. I know people love him or hate him, but some of the negative comments I have seen and he has confirmed doing or saying is down right repulsive. Like one time he called a customer Ghetto. That is just unacceptable not matter how disruptive the customer was. Just ignore and move on. So I am worried if I buy an amp from him and return it, I am going to get the guilt trip. May be I am overreacting.

Regarding Chinese products, you are right. The warranty support is poor to non-existant. However, if they are far cheaper than their American counter part and sound just as good, sometime the risk is worth taking if the price is low. I bought my Yaqin amp from Amazon (Prime so I could have returned if I wanted to) with that risk for $800, but immediately it sounded far better than my 15 year old CJ, so it was an upgrade for me for a very reasonble price. But I know if it goes kaput, I have no service. Luckily it has served me well for 3 years and I do not care if it dies now. My other components have evolved around it and I want a substantial improvement in sound. So I am willing to wait and find out the best thing for me. I am willing to buy used and certainly not buying anything without return privileges.

Finally, we are past looking down at China. China makes everything now and is the world's no 1 superpower, not America. They recently landed a rover on Mars. They will beat our pants off if the trend stays. Look what they did to the world with the virus. Anyway, I digress with politics. ;-)
-------
I. Dandaroy

Edits: 05/19/21 05/19/21 05/19/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ayon Audio - dandaroy 19:26:14 05/19/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.