Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: If you've got it, indulge yourself

Business had not problem back when the tax rate was over 80% The country boomed. Arguably back when America was great!

Reagan was arguably the beginning of the end. Well, Nixon opened the door to China and now that China is beating America at their own game the whiners are out in full force.

The greater problem is that you can collect all the taxes you want but if you spend it poorly then it doesn't much help. If the governments prove to be responsible with the money and you could actually see QUALITY investment then I bet even fiscal conservatives would be quite fine paying a higher tax. Get something GOOD for your taxes. But when the government pisses it away on garbage - they get mad and prefer tax cuts. I get that. Some liberals don't get that but I get that. Targetted spending is better than blanked spending that looks impressive on a bumper sticker because we have to cater to the Twitter level of patience.

As for the stop earning argument that doesn't even matter. Jeff Bezos essentially just retired. Amazon will go on. Amazon doesn't;t need him.

If every single person worth $1 Billion had spontaneous combustion blowing up in a big ball of fire - every single billionaire. The planet wouldn't miss them - not even for a day. Their business would still go on perfectly fine. They are ALL fully 100% replaceable 10 minutes after they explode.

They need us more than we need them. Never forget that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.