Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: If you've got it, indulge yourself

A few comments, if I may? I'm NOT attacking you but will shed, perhaps, a slightly different light on some of your statements.....

First? I'd agree. A 600$ system is quite impossible....But that being said? Different strokes as they say Also, Different purposes.
My Garage has a Parts Express DTA-1 for about 35$ and a pair of throw away speakers of unknown provance which MAY be changed shortly for some gifted Radio Shack Minimus 7. Soure is an iPhone. PERFECT for the garage while puttering about.......
It's all about 'the curve' and where YOU find the value. My system is a fraction of your costs, but to ME is as satisfying as I wish. If I were just a couple hundred grand richer (disposable) I may build a better room WITH upgraded 'stuff'.

As for your comments about the Uber Wealthy? Certainly they have paper wealth which is beyond my ken. But I wonder one thing. IF PRESSED? Just how BIG a check could any of 'em write? I mean, if you are with 50Million$ how much of that is NOT invested, making OTHER wealth, providing jobs and otherwise in circulation? Could such a person write a check for 1Million$? or more likely, a lot less.....
I really wonder how much actual Wealth is 'sitting out'??? I suspect not as much as you'd think but at the same time admit that the purchase of a 200ft Yacht is a little over the top. I was just looking at this issue the other day and between captain / crew / maintenance / upkeep / fuel and all the rest, You may spend in the millions Each Year to 'float the boat'. Saying a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money is less funny than true.

Please scan for Forbes article. A yacht, they claim, in the 'elite' category, might cost 7 digits annualy in upkeep.
Than every 5 or 6 years a PAINT job / refit which will cost additional millions. Many of these vessels are RENTED for as much as 15 to 20 weeks per year which defrays costs.....and keeps the crew and such fully employed.

I'll leave it at that.......Just a few considerations about being 'The Vulgar Rich'.......
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.