Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Midrange makers are discovering that ...

Interesting what you say about the M12. This was the first NAD I've owned and I still have it. During my long search for a really good amp to match my Avantgarde speakers (I had Unos at the time, Duo XDs now), I used the M12 in front of the power amps but not with the integrateds I tested.

I've generally tied to avoid having preamps at all. For years I used a Mark Levinson 390S CD player as my preamp as it had an analogue volume control and 2 Aux digital inputs, used for my DAB tuner. Since then I've used integrateds as they offer better value - no duplication of cases, power supplies and need no cables - my pet hate.

A fellow Avantgarde owner (with Trios) bought an M22 after owning many very costly amps and raved about it. Then he bought a Benchmark AHB-2 and raved even more over that. This prompted me to buy the Benchmark, but it turned out to be drearily dull, so I returned it in exchange for a Gamut D200 Mk III - a MUCH better amp, though it had its faults. I've concluded that the Trio owner was obsessed with utter silence and the Benchmark is probably the quietest amp on the market, with the M22 probably a close second!

Anyway, I'm sure the M22 is still a great amp.

Edits: 01/19/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.