Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Home auditions not new.

Hi, Abe,

Home auditions are nothing new. Many retailers have offered a "money-back if not completely satisfied" guarantee for years. Return shipping is typically the buyer's responsibility and some retailers charge a restocking fee. That seems fair enough since it's becoming very difficult to find a full featured stereo shop anymore.

I've only returned one component (a pair of speakers) because I didn't like the sound. I paid return shipping and a reasonable restocking fee. It was worth it to be able to return those speakers rather than try to sell them myself. After that experience I took advantage of being able to listen to several speakers at a brick-and-mortar stereo shop before buying another pair of speakers.

The irony is that the store that I auditioned the speakers couldn't ship them to my house. I explained to them that I was just visiting their city and wouldn't be able to purchase the speakers and walk out the door with them. But they seemed more than willing to let me audition speakers and purchase them from another retailer. I spent hours in the store listening to several speakers through different sources and amplifiers. First class outfit.

I couldn't find an online retailer that carried the speaker line so ended up buying the speakers from another brick and mortar store that shipped them to me from across the country. They even split the shipping cost with me. Again, first class outfit.

Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Home auditions not new. - tketcham 06:31:25 10/14/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.