Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Yes and it was a disaster!

Few years back ordered a pair of Tekton Pendragons which were on sale at $500.00 off the regular price. Cost me $2K. I was demoing them under their 30 day demo policy. The speakers (both) arrived damaged even though there were no markings on the box to indicate. The shipping cartons were so thin, the cardboard was a little thicker than the box a dress shirt comes in and there were just 4 pieces of styrofoam for support in the 4 corners of the box, on a pair of speakers that were over 4 feet tall and weighed around 80 pounds! The styrofoam simply disintegrated inside the shipping carton. I called Tekton immediately and spoke to The owner, Eric Alexander. I sent him pictures as well. He offered new ones but I said I would wait to see if I liked them and if I did, I would take him up on his offer.

I didn't like the sound at all, very hollow sounding with no bass! With a 10 inch woofer both at the top and bottom of the speaker and 2 ports, you would think the bass would be great. It was very aenemic sounding and I shlepped those monster speakers all around the room over the next 3 days and there was no difference. I used a Rogue Cronus Magnum with KT 120 tubes and also my McIntosh MA6600 Integrated with 200wpc.

I called Tekton back and told Mr. Alexander I wanted to return the speakers for a full refund. He right away got very uppity with me and told me to make sure the speakers are perfect with no scratches or fingerprints or he would adjust the amount of money I was getting back accordingly. When I reminded him the speakers were damaged, he stopped talking.

I shipped the speakers via Fed Ex ground to the tune of $295.00 which I had to pay. A week later I saw the speakers had arrived back at the factory. I waited 5 more business days and had not received a refund. I made the call to Tekton and was told they hadn't checked them out yet. A week after that I called Tekton again and asked politely for my refund. I received it a day later via PayPal. Never, ever again.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.