Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I think PSAudio has always been straight-up...

in this regard.

Some years ago they were visiting the various audiophile association meeting, including the one in the SF Bay Area, offering free in-home demos with freight both ways and even 'CONCIERGE' unboxing for their big/expensive mono-block amps.

I was offered an in-home of the Direct Stream DAC which at that time was relatively new and $6K or so?

I demurred, mostly because I knew there was no way I'd buy it and didn't feel it fair to them to waste their time and money. Still, even under those conditions they were willing to ship me one to try if I were willing to share my views of how it compared to whatever I was listening to at the time.

In fairness I've known and liked Paul for quite a long time. Met him early in the RMAF years or even maybe at CES in the mid 2000s? and always found him to be an 'audiophile's' manufacturer and a true believer. So maybe not too surprising he'd be willing to send out a $6000 DAC to someone just he hear their view on how it sounded.

And who knows, maybe I WOULD have bought it? :-)

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I think PSAudio has always been straight-up... - Ivan303 14:11:44 10/09/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.