Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Recommend a Good Used Krell Preamp

I currently run a YBA 1HC amp and powering it is a Rotel RC995 preamp. The 995 preamp sounds way better then it has a right to, and its very hard to get better sound then it produces. But Im thinking I might try a Krell preamp. I'd buy a used unit to keep the price down, and I think I'd aim for a mid 90s model as a contender. I don't want to spend tons of money on a Krell pre, as I know some can get very expensive even used today. I don't want to spend close to or as much as I spent on the YBA amp. Maybe somewhere around $1500 Canadian. Doesn't need to have a phono stage, as I will be using an outboard for that. But any Krell I'd go for has to be an improvement on the Rotel I have now. That wont be easy, as my 995 pre is the best Rotel made. Its very neutral and musical, with good weight to the sound and dynamics. No harsh fatiguing top end. I just want a little more refinement. Don't want new pres, because of the value in todays stuff doesn't compare to stuff the same price from years ago for the same money.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Recommend a Good Used Krell Preamp - Braxus 21:44:35 03/29/19 (20)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.