Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Specs

First of all I need to say this:

Owa Tana Siam

The low filter switch was so dirty it was making no connection a all.

It still sounds a bit on the bright side but I am going to leave it alone now. They are till going for a couple hundred so I guess some people like them how they are. This particular one though had its main filter and output couplers upped in value. Took the main from 2,200 to 5,600 and the couplers from 1,500 to 3,300. Now it has thud.

Anyway my amp ? Well I still hope to get the first prototype finished this year. I am having trouble sourcing the output chokes. What's more I am getting a bunch of work. Someone told people I can fix this stuff and well, let's just say now I got two phones. My co-conspirator in this who will be responsible for most of the chassis (milled aluminum alloy I think...) is also well engaged. He is however making a TON of money. Right now I am making it by the ounce. (no not dealing, audio work) Plus I been to the surplus store and am about to learn how to fix a digital scope. I mean, I know how they work but now I got one. If it goes up ion smoke I don't have to pay anything.

Once I have a working prototype I will get a provisional on it before any of them leave the house(s), at which time I will also reveal the design. The patent would have anyway. I also arrived at a design which, while it is not zero feedback, there is no global feedback. People think that's hard but you don't have to worry as much about phase shift and such. The idea is to keep each device as close as possible to its most linear operating range. I believe I have done that. I would call it a quasio-upsidedown Darlington set. With FET input. That is STILL not the secret part. And I am only patenting the output stage, to try any more would be too close to patenting a black box. The tone controls, they've been done but not quite like I have, but still they probably aren't worth patenting and they can't go on the same sheet so I am not going to bother about that.

And quasio was not a typeo, I don't mean quasi. You'll see once I lay down that hundred bucks. (hopefully it doesn't go up, Please Trump, don't do that to me NOW !) If I sell one, or get a couple of good reviews I will go full patent and that'll keep the Chinese off my ass (at least here) for whatever years it is...believe it or not I am not sure exactly. Doesn't matter. Even after every Wang, Quong and Charlie can sell them people might still want mine. And I am going to do the best I can at using all domestic parts.

And I am pretty sure that with this new configuration I can make it non-switching without class A bias. I think, in the end anyone who doesn't like it should be shot. }:-)> Yes, I was born evil and grew bigger, but don't tell Ma.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Specs - JURB 11:43:17 03/13/19 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.