Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

As a fellow Rogue RP-5 owner, and just to be difficult . . .

OK, I know you are looking for binary advice on two amps and are not getting what you are looking for really, so I'll play along with everyone else who isn't really being responsive! ;-)

I am running my RP-5 with a Conrad Johnson MF2250, a now discontinued product with 125 watts per channel, which is plenty for my Dynaudio Focus 160 stand mounted speakers to play super loud without distortion. I love that combination. There's a certain magic to that amp IMO.

If I were you, I would consider either the CJ 2550 (250 wpc) or 2275 (125 wpc), which are the current replacement models for the older MF series. Each also comes in an SE version with the teflon caps, but if the standard versions sound like mine, I don't see any need for that upgrade.

If you go tubes, then I'd say try the Rogue Stereo 100 or Mono 180s.
___
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • As a fellow Rogue RP-5 owner, and just to be difficult . . . - JoshT 09:39:02 08/09/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.