Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
I'm helping a friend put together a modest system, just a receiver, speakers, and CD player. She wants a receiver for FM so an integrated amp isn't considered. Probably no more than 50 watts will be needed. The speakers will be ELAC B5s.
It could be a stereo receiver or AV, but she would only utilize the front stereo pair outputs. This is not an area I follow. Based on general reputation I'm thinking of something from Yamaha, Onkyo, etc.
Specific model recommendations would help if you have experience with one. Thanks
"The piano ain't got no wrong notes." Thelonious MonkThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Help finding a receiver - M3 lover 09:26:45 07/29/17 (16)
- RE: Help finding a receiver - fantja 14:45:16 08/14/17 (0)
- Thanks all, receiver ordered - M3 lover 10:30:14 08/13/17 (1)
- RE: Thanks all, receiver ordered - Kingshead 12:35:39 08/13/17 (0)
- RE: Help finding a receiver - Fat Point Jack 17:53:31 08/12/17 (0)
- a receiver - hifitommy 17:36:44 08/09/17 (2)
- Only an integrated, but it gave good results for me . . . - alaskahiatt 19:35:02 08/01/17 (0)
- Resolved - M3 lover 09:56:10 07/31/17 (0)
- Surprised no one had mentioned vintage gear - lactogenes 10:04:54 07/30/17 (0)
- RE: Help finding a receiver - Kingshead 03:48:19 07/30/17 (0)
- RE: Help finding a receiver - bigshow 18:33:27 07/29/17 (1)
- RE: Help finding a receiver - triamp 00:11:45 07/30/17 (0)
- RE: Help finding a receiver - triamp 16:00:35 07/29/17 (0)
- Is she an outlaw? - G Squared 15:21:16 07/29/17 (0)
- RE: Help finding a receiver - John Elison 14:02:15 07/29/17 (0)