Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
greetings again. i am liking the sound of my cyrus 2 amp more than expected. its a 240 model and am using it on american 120 with a step-up transformer. was planning to have it switched to 120. AND was planning to pick up the outboard psx power supply to try with the amp.
the psx connects to the amp with a dedicated cable, the fuses get pulled from the amp. so perhaps using the psx bypasses the amp's power transformer completely?
if i get a 120 psx, will it: a) correctly operate the 240 cyrus amp; and 2) forgo the need to have the amp itself modified to 120?
please see the link for some tech info.
thanks for any help and ideas.
-andre dThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - cyrus PSX - 120 vs 240 - adaug 05:29:52 07/25/17 (8)
- RE: cyrus PSX - 120 vs 240 - adaug 18:45:44 08/09/17 (0)
- No! It says right in the manual that you linked.... - viridian 14:46:47 07/28/17 (4)
- RE: No! It says right in the manual that you linked.... - adaug 06:10:34 07/29/17 (3)
- Absolutely, I buy my gear based on how many outlets I have.... - viridian 16:25:30 07/30/17 (2)
- RE: Absolutely, I buy my gear based on how many outlets I have.... - adaug 18:22:21 07/30/17 (1)
- Guilty as well, and I have Naim gear so.......... - viridian 20:52:37 07/30/17 (0)
- RE: cyrus PSX - 120 vs 240 - PAR 17:44:41 07/26/17 (1)
- RE: cyrus PSX - 120 vs 240 - adaug 19:32:30 07/26/17 (0)