Amp/Preamp Asylum

RE: Audionervosa:?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Amp/Preamp Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

"More Power ?? Dunno..I once tried 200 watters in my 95 db Drivers.. just to follow the Folklore answer the question for myself re; Mo' Power = Gooder."

The point is not that "Mo Power" is always "Gooder". It's a matter of getting over that hump of having truly sufficient power. In my case, with my Tannoys (91dB 6 Ohm) 10wpc - 50wpc does indeed work. But closer to 100wpc really makes them sing.

Your situation and my situation are not the same. You cannot count on generalizations.

"I'm thinking that High power amps that genuinely deliver Similar exquisite sounds to a Pure Class A amp.. are in the 6 figure price range."

Another false generalization. Class A amps in and of themselves do not all sound the same. In fact Class A operation does not guarantee great sound. I've owned a number of traditional Class AB amps that sound better than some Class A amps.... and they were no where near the six figure price range.

Follow Ups: