Amp/Preamp Asylum

RE: BiAmp Noodle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Amp/Preamp Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

MiniDSP 2 x 4 is what I used, based on price and capability. The tweeter amp is a TPA3116D2-based amp I bought off eBay. 8 volt transformer feeds the +5 V regulator for the digital stuff.

I can't remember what voltage the TPA3116D2 amp runs off, on the block diagram I sketched I put 22 VDC but I can't recall, maybe it's 18 VDC.

I replaced the stock output coupling electrolytics of the Mini-DSP with some film caps I just happened to have on hand, mounted outboard there as you can see. Not sure this makes it sound any better but I had them on hand....

This was built for a bedroom system. Using the Dell tablet running Squeezeplay, I can control playback audio track selection and volume from a web browser on any device in my apartment, like an Android tablet I use in bed. I have 60,000 FLAC files of music on a Mogitech Media Server setup, and of course one can also listen to various streaming Internet "radio stations" - I particularly like Soma FM's 256k Groove Salad stream.

I can also take the Dell tablet and the chassis over into my workshop and use it to measure / biamp / EQ other 2-way speakers I might make.

So far I have built two speakers for these electronics:
Satori 6.5", ported, with Bozhen tweeter
and
Scanspeak 7" Revelator sealed with Bozhen tweeter
Both use 0.75 cu. ft. enclosures.

Edits: 06/08/17   06/08/17   06/08/17   06/08/17

Follow Ups: