Amp/Preamp Asylum

Thanks. I LOVE CJ preamps, but . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Amp/Preamp Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I had the Premier 17LS and have still never heard its equal in my system. But it was finicky, particularly in a HT system. Sometimes when I hit the HT button on the remote I got the kind of POP! that you sometimes get if you forget to turn it on before the power amp, and almost every time it blew rail fuses on my power amp, an MF2250 (CJ solid state). Even in a 2 channel only system it did that a couple of times when changing sources. So, I'm a bit reluctant to go that way again.

If I were to go CJ again, I'd probably go for a used CT5 or older Premier 16LS.

I think I will like the Rogues. I have the Cronus Magnum II in another system and really love it. But I also want to see how easy the PR-1 and PR-5 are to use in an HT system. They appear to be more stable than the CJ stuff from what I've read. And, they are more affordable.

Anyway, I'll keep the group updated with my experience and decision. Thanks!
___
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."

Follow Ups: