Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Was it unplugged while powered up? The pop of unplugging might have blown fuses?

The day before, the amp was turned-off via the power switch and the power cord remained plugged-in. The next day, the power cord was still plugged-in, and the power switch remained in the off position.

When the switch was pressed to the on position the green indicators lights did not illuminate, and the soft start relay did not kick-in. There was no indication of a sudden event; no popping sound nor smell involved. The first thing I checked was if the power cord was properly plugged-in at both ends of the power cord, and all was okay.

I then re-tried the power switch to see if the soft start function was taking far more time for the relay to kick-in, since on some occasions in the past the indicator lights would not illuminate nor the relay kick-in for up to 10 seconds or so. This issue might be a key factor regarding what could have been wrong to cause the event to happen. Perhaps something was on its way to failure. Maybe there was a problem with the switch that caused the fuses to blow and for the switch to perhaps be welded in the on position like you mentioned.

At this time, every time I plug-in the power cord, the green indicator lights immediately glow, and 4 seconds later the soft start relay kicks-in perfectly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Was it unplugged while powered up? The pop of unplugging might have blown fuses? - Duster 15:30:30 07/14/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.