Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Update: Power-on funtion of amplifier on the fritz.

Thank you, I appreciate all the helpful responses.

I tested the power amplifier with an expendable raw driver and found that the signal output was fine without damage to the voice coil, so I went ahead and connected the power amplifier to the loudspeakers in the second system. After connecting all of the audio cables, I plugged the power cord in, and after the proper 4 second soft start delay, the relay kicked-in and the power amplifier performs fine, with no sonic degradation as a result of the unknown issue in question.

At this point, I'm not concerned about the inability to power on/off the amplifier since I normally keep my solid state gear powered-on 24/7. The only concern I have at this point is the safety factor, and why the fuses blew in the first place. If I send the amplifier to Bryston's US repair facility for repair, the to/from shipping charges and Bryston's reboxing fee for return shipping are too costly for me to consider at this time for a second system application unless there is a significant safety issue.

Any further thoughts/insight are welcome. TIA

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.