Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: Amp Case Issue posted by The Dill on June 27, 2017 at 17:53:30:
I am unsure about using Pledge on audio equipment. I recall standard advice used to be not to use any cleaners containing silicone near audio systems. A thin film of the cleaner remains after wiping off the product and the silicone content apparently migrates slowly from the site of application and eventually coats electrical contacts. Whilst not causing a failure but resulting in a less than optimal connection, it's one cause of that "I am sure that it doesn't sound as good as it used to" feeling.
The OP should try to obtain proper anti-static foam cleanser made for cleaning the exterior of electrical products. In the UK that is Servisol Foam Cleaner 30 obtainable from Maplins (our equivilent of Radio Shack). I do not know what the US counterpart is but I am sure that there will be one.
Edits: 06/28/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Amp Case Issue - Fal 17:28:04 06/27/17 (16)
- RE: Amp Case Issue - akolegov 10:07:02 07/02/17 (1)
- RE: Amp Case Issue - Fal 13:23:22 07/02/17 (0)
- The components inside are not delicate flowers - mr.bear 13:35:29 06/30/17 (0)
- RE: Amp Case Issue - R Browne 09:46:20 06/29/17 (3)
- RE: Amp Case Issue ?? - bare 16:33:04 06/29/17 (2)
- First try a slightly damp microfibre cloth before moving onto more exotic fluids (nt) - 13th Duke of Wymbourne 12:09:20 06/28/17 (0)
- RE: Amp Case Issue - Douger 07:01:50 06/28/17 (1)
- Simple Green, ain't... - mr.bear 13:22:35 06/30/17 (0)
- RE: Amp Case Issue - The Dill 17:53:30 06/27/17 (5)