Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
Hello again to all my fellow inmates, its been a while since my last post.
Any inmates in the SW, Virginia (Blacksburg)area know of a competent repair person in the area?
A few months ago I hit the power button on my preamp and was greeted with a loud "BANG" followed by an equally loud squeal out of all speakers. Unfortunately even though I quickly hit the power buttons, the damage was already done. My B&K, Ref 7250 amp longer powers up and one of the woofers in my Klipsch SF-1 is toast. I'm figuring what ever cooked in the amp sent a full 6v to the speaker and took put the driver. While I'm very competent at soldering and replacement, I don't know much about trouble shooting to figure out what needs replacing. I would love to find someone who'd let we work with them and learn a bit more about these beasts.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Repair In SW Virginia - Gene54 06:00:27 06/25/17 (6)
- RE: Repair In SW Virginia - Paul Wilson 05:35:02 06/26/17 (2)
- RE: Repair In SW Virginia - Gene54 18:51:46 06/26/17 (1)
- RE: Repair In SW Virginia - firstname.lastname@example.org 15:22:49 06/27/17 (0)
- RE: Repair In SW Virginia - fantja 21:24:13 06/25/17 (0)
- RE: Repair In SW Virginia - Mick Wolfe 15:52:50 06/25/17 (1)
- RE: Repair In SW Virginia - DrN 06:23:00 06/26/17 (0)