Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: Nice rack by the way posted by raingerz on June 19, 2017 at 20:22:33:
As long as the Oppo BDP-95 is used with powercords and interconnects which do NOT roll off the treble, it is fine, far superior to the overrated BDP-83 I used to have.
My colleagues and I have limited experience with the Simaudio 700i. When we (a) were in larger rooms, (b) were using larger speakers from the likes of B&W, Dynaudio, Magnepan, Penaudio, Sonus Faber, Thiel, Totem, and scores other, (c) maintained the same volume levels, and (d) made no other changes other than the amps, the 700i, versus the 600i, will preserve more body, exercise more control, and more firmly anchor the images within the soundstage. But it's a small qualitative difference.
Whether or not I were in the market, I would skip the 700i, and, for roughly the same price, get a package consisting of (a) the sonically-invisible 740p, (b) a transparent interconnect, and (c) one of Simaudio's cheaper power amps.
Hmmm, now that I check my own work, I see that I never did finish reviewing the 600i. But in the meantime, check out this about the Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme In the 600i. Hint: if you can find it, the Hi-Fi Tuning Silverstar is even better, allowing the 600i to get closer to goal of being like NO amp at all.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - What, me worry? - raingerz 16:34:52 06/19/17 (15)
- RE: What, me worry? - Dave_K 07:38:55 06/22/17 (1)
- RE: What, me worry? - raingerz 20:17:04 06/22/17 (0)
- RE: What, me worry? - AbeCollins 17:26:07 06/20/17 (0)
- Clarification - raingerz 20:15:21 06/19/17 (0)
- That doesn't sound right - Luminator 19:41:48 06/19/17 (8)
- Nice rack by the way - raingerz 20:22:33 06/19/17 (5)
- Simaudio 700i - Luminator 20:48:04 06/19/17 (4)
- You just jogged my mind - raingerz 20:18:04 06/19/17 (1)
- Mine Does Reset - Luminator 20:27:10 06/19/17 (0)
- RE: What, me worry? - airtime 18:40:35 06/19/17 (1)
- RE: What, me worry? - pictureguy 13:20:28 06/20/17 (0)