Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: Unusual design? posted by morricab on June 8, 2017 at 02:10:17:
SET jump is very setup dependent, but with the right speakers nothing has that realism of attack, so while class-D doesn't do it just as well they do have very good jump, better than most SS amps. Class-D fails , I find on Classical music, they sound bad due to the odd timbre , but if one only listens to electronic studio stuff, you will find them fantastic ..
Disagree on the devialet, on the Martin Logans i heard them on they had good drive and tone much better than any clas-D i heard before , caveat ..? You have to run them in Mono pr's or forget about it and i did not hear them on Classical music .
Edits: 06/08/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - MARANTZ PM-10 Class D amplifier - Disbeliever 09:57:05 06/01/17 (21)
- RE: MARANTZ PM-10 Class D amplifier - AbeCollins 22:26:34 06/06/17 (7)
- Agree !! NT - lancelot 13:53:27 06/07/17 (0)
- RE: MARANTZ PM-10 Class D amplifier - morricab 02:55:00 06/07/17 (2)
- RE: MARANTZ PM-10 Class D amplifier - Disbeliever 03:27:22 06/07/17 (1)
- RE: MARANTZ PM-10 Class D amplifier - morricab 01:44:22 06/08/17 (0)
- RE: MARANTZ PM-10 Class D amplifier - Disbeliever 23:14:14 06/06/17 (2)
- RE: MARANTZ PM-10 Class D amplifier - MikeCh 21:49:02 06/01/17 (4)
- RE: MARANTZ PM-10 Class D amplifier - Disbeliever 00:48:19 06/02/17 (3)
- Unusual design? - E-Stat 15:38:11 06/01/17 (7)
- RE: Unusual design? - morricab 02:53:53 06/07/17 (6)
- RE: Unusual design? - A.Wayne 05:01:38 06/07/17 (5)Follow Ups
- RE: Unusual design, the Devialet .... - A.Wayne 13:51:06 06/08/17 (1)
- Here's a taste of this PM10..Tubes? - tincup 12:50:50 06/13/17 (0)