Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: Bi/Tri/Sub/Subs posted by Inmate51 on May 29, 2017 at 16:09:33:
I think you're right.
With STEREO subs, a higher crossover point can be sustained. Maybe it'd even be of further benefit to imaging / stage width?
Trouble in this case is my awful room, which is 8 sided, very asymmetric AND has a peaked ceiling of about 11 feet. I'd gues maybe 5000 cubic feet or so.
The sub when located on the LEFT side (facing speakers from listening position) turned my den into a helmholtz of sheer boominess. The left side was intened to take advantage of being nearer a corner.
The sub ended up on the right side, oriented parallel to a wall and away from corners. Indeed, the sub is near to the hallway to the back of the house. That location is MUCHO better. The entry to the den in question is on a 45 to the main walls in the LR, and at a 90 to the wall from hell, which is at a 45 to the plane of the speakers, 6 feet wide and 10feet tall. Can you spell absorption?
I also use OPTIC connection in several places where single ended would do as well. This avoids ANY potential for RFI pickup.
Too much is never enough
Edits: 05/29/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - BiAmp Noodle - pictureguy 17:19:20 05/26/17 (22)
- RE: BiAmp Noodle - triamp 03:06:30 05/30/17 (2)
- RE: BiAmp Noodle - MikeCh 16:49:12 05/27/17 (1)
- RE: BiAmp Noodle - pictureguy 22:00:10 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: BiAmp Noodle - Inmate51 15:04:27 05/27/17 (7)
- RE: BiAmp Noodle - pictureguy 15:18:43 05/27/17 (6)
- Bi/Tri/Sub/Subs - Inmate51 16:09:33 05/29/17 (5)
- I like the use of separate PSU's for Bass and for mid/treble - Timbo in Oz 20:15:57 05/26/17 (3)
- RE: I like the use of separate PSU's for Bass and for mid/treble - bare 08:47:14 05/27/17 (1)
- RE: I like the use of separate PSU's for Bass and for mid/treble - pictureguy 13:14:41 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: I like the use of separate PSU's for Bass and for mid/treble - pictureguy 21:53:01 05/26/17 (0)
- Suggest you post this at amp-Pre-amp forum - Timbo in Oz 17:47:06 05/26/17 (2)
- RE: Suggest you post this at amp-Pre-amp forum - pictureguy 17:50:40 05/26/17 (1)
- just cut and paste and start a new thread, IIRC. - Timbo in Oz 17:54:27 05/26/17 (0)
- RE: BiAmp Noodle - double28 17:30:45 05/26/17 (1)
- RE: BiAmp Noodle - pictureguy 17:46:32 05/26/17 (0)