Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Bi/Tri/Sub/Subs

I think you're right.
With STEREO subs, a higher crossover point can be sustained. Maybe it'd even be of further benefit to imaging / stage width?

Trouble in this case is my awful room, which is 8 sided, very asymmetric AND has a peaked ceiling of about 11 feet. I'd gues maybe 5000 cubic feet or so.

The sub when located on the LEFT side (facing speakers from listening position) turned my den into a helmholtz of sheer boominess. The left side was intened to take advantage of being nearer a corner.
The sub ended up on the right side, oriented parallel to a wall and away from corners. Indeed, the sub is near to the hallway to the back of the house. That location is MUCHO better. The entry to the den in question is on a 45 to the main walls in the LR, and at a 90 to the wall from hell, which is at a 45 to the plane of the speakers, 6 feet wide and 10feet tall. Can you spell absorption?

I also use OPTIC connection in several places where single ended would do as well. This avoids ANY potential for RFI pickup.
Too much is never enough

Edits: 05/29/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.