Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: Tube amplifier hum posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on May 20, 2017 at 13:00:47:
two things to try. First move your head amp off the other amp. If the hum persists try running a ground wire from a case screw to the ground connection on your amp. By this you can at least tell if you have an internal grounding problem. If the head came with a two prong cord it should be double insulated, which in audio gear is unusual.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tube amplifier hum - email@example.com 13:23:19 05/19/17 (12)
- IMO the headamp transformer is radiating noise which causes the hum, but.. - 3+4=5 20:38:45 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - RGA 19:30:51 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - Palustris 08:57:45 05/20/17 (4)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - firstname.lastname@example.org 13:00:47 05/20/17 (3)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - FenderLover 08:34:26 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - Jonesy 06:36:27 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - airtime 14:09:25 05/19/17 (2)Follow Ups
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - Uncle Mike 15:18:24 05/20/17 (0)