Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: Tube amplifier hum posted by Palustris on May 20, 2017 at 08:57:45:
The tubes are not at fault, as I have tried others with the same hum, which btw, is through the phones, not in the amp itself.
The power supply cord is not grounded in that it only has a two pronged plug.
I am pretty sure that the other amp, on which the problem amp is sitting, is acting as a ground for the problem amp, as someone mentioned.
The tube amp is the ALO Pan Am, with the non-upgraded power supply.
Not being overly mechanically inclined, although I can use a soldering iron, is there anything I can do myself to alleviate the problem, or do I need to take it to a technician?
Thanks so much for your help.
Edits: 05/20/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tube amplifier hum - email@example.com 13:23:19 05/19/17 (12)
- IMO the headamp transformer is radiating noise which causes the hum, but.. - 3+4=5 20:38:45 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - RGA 19:30:51 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - Palustris 08:57:45 05/20/17 (4)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - firstname.lastname@example.org 13:00:47 05/20/17 (3)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - FenderLover 08:34:26 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - Jonesy 06:36:27 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - airtime 14:09:25 05/19/17 (2)