Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: Tube amplifier hum posted by email@example.com on May 19, 2017 at 13:23:19:
This is clearly a grounding issue. You don't mention if the headphone amp has a grounded power cord, but is seems as if it is not properly grounded. When sitting on the other equipment it is possible the other equipment is providing the ground; it could even be the CD player that is providing the ground through the SS amp upon which the headphone amp is sitting.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tube amplifier hum - firstname.lastname@example.org 13:23:19 05/19/17 (12)
- IMO the headamp transformer is radiating noise which causes the hum, but.. - 3+4=5 20:38:45 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - RGA 19:30:51 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - Palustris 08:57:45 05/20/17 (4)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - email@example.com 13:00:47 05/20/17 (3)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - FenderLover 08:34:26 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - Jonesy 06:36:27 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amplifier hum - airtime 14:09:25 05/19/17 (2)Follow Ups