Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
Been in a conversation on a Magnepan group talking about amplifiers. We got into a conversation about current and the need for it on the large planar speakers.
I run an Ashly FTX 2001. 500 watts at 4 ohs, 675 at 2 ohms. The gentleman in the discussion was trying to convince me that the Citation 16 was a higher current amp, rated at 175 wpc. I know that the advertised ratings are not the 100% means to go by an amplifier's abilities. Both of these amps are class a/b, the ashly uses a Mosfet output stage and forced cooling - its a pro amp.
What are your thoughts on this, is my Ashly ok or do really need to consider something else in high current to drive these speakers??
The whole conversation started around a lack of bass in my MGIIIA speakers.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - HK Citation 16 vs Ashly FTX 2001 - atkin11j 08:53:54 05/06/17 (5)
- I think that damping factor will play a central role in the control of the large panels... - viridian 19:21:25 05/07/17 (1)
- RE: I think that damping factor will play a central role in the control of the large panels... - BigguyinATL 10:35:27 05/08/17 (0)
- RE: HK Citation 16 vs Ashly FTX 2001 - E-Stat 06:00:51 05/07/17 (0)
- RE: HK Citation 16 vs Ashly FTX 2001 - John Elison 22:53:57 05/06/17 (0)
- RE: HK Citation 16 vs Ashly FTX 2001 - Uncle Mike 15:31:09 05/06/17 (0)