Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Class D Audio modules noisy when bridged to mono

Eric, thank you for your reply. As for the power aspect, that much power is not actually necessary, as the HPD's performed quite well with just 125 Wpc. For just the price of an additional module, and and a few connectors and a bit of wire, I thought I would try it out. The results surprised me, the extra wattage woke the Tannoys up like I've never heard before, music never sounded so good in my home listening environment.

So for a bit of noise, I'm willing to put up with it. In the larger scheme of things, there is more noise from one of my sources, namely vinyl, that I'm willing to put up with. It's just if this noise from the bridged amp modules can be eliminated (it's not a deal breaker for me), and still have the power, it would be nice.

So, thanks once again, and maybe Tom will eventually get back to me. He once mentioned he hadn't experienced this issue, and he would have to set up a set of modules to experiment with it. I assume he hasn't gotten around to it yet, (that was a couple of years ago), so has nothing to add at this time.

Regards,
Dan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Class D Audio modules noisy when bridged to mono - islandmandan 11:51:06 04/25/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.