Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Audio Research LS-28 line pre. Just how much better?

The LS-27 was in production for 7 years that is quite a long time. ARC products typically have a 5-7 year life cycle. About right IMO.

The latest crop of ARC products are a big step forward from the previous generation that they replaced. This in not hyperbole they have made major improvements in every aspect of the designs, circuits, power supplies, parts, chassis and of course cosmetics. Livio Cucuzza has done amazing work with the ARC aesthetic. I own a Reference Phono 3 and consider it the best looking piece of equipment ARC has ever produced.

The LS-27 is a stunning performer but the LS-28 is better in every regard. It really shines over the LS-27 in areas of bass impact and grip, overall resolution. But the biggest improvement is the increased sense of timing, the togetherness of everything, it simply sounds more integrated and pulled together versus the LS-27. The LS-27 sounds confused by comparison.

Edits: 04/16/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.