Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

None

Of course you knew you were going to catch a bunch of flack for posting this right?

I have the same 13S and found it beat out amps [tubed or ss] costing many times more. The only people you will find bashing it are those who have never heard it.

Here is an excerpt of my smallish review of the Yaqin 13S.
I want to start off saying, its not supposed to happen like this.....a five hundred dollar Integrated beating out a multi-thousand dollar Integrated with stellar professional reviews. But, the Yaqin MS-13S did just that, yep blew the door off the Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum. From top to bottom and everywhere in between including the all important sound stage and 3D dynamics. I can't think of a single area where the Rogue bested the Yaqin. First and foremost the MS-13S shines brightly in its ability to throw a 3D soundstage. Not since my old Hafler have I heard such a room filling, whole and complete sonic experience. The Yaqin does not try to be a solid state amp, it does not try to wow you with numbers of watts or straddle the fence in terms of identity. This amp is a true TUBE amp and excels in dynamics, clarity, soundstage, real power at the speaker end [don't let the specs fool you], its lush and at the same time able to produce the detail its given from upstream components...in this case a top notch Audiogd Ref 7 Dac. Strings feel round and whole, not just notes that sound like strings they feel like strings. What makes this amp a keeper for me is the soundstage and its ability to produce everything in it with realism. Its a tube amp that is comfortable being a tube amp and excels at it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • None - Dynobot 07:55:02 04/02/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.