Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
I work more in tube audio, but I'm working on a McIntosh MA6100 integrated amp for someone that has one bad output channel. One thing I'm noticing on the driver board is that there are three transistors on it apparently from original construction that are not on the schematic circulating online. The electrolytics have been replaced by a prior tech, but one value is different from the schematic, so I don't know if it was a revision or someone using what he had on the shelf to get the repair out the door.
Googling service bulletins for this model turned up a couple of minor issues, but not the circuit board revisions I'm seeing. The schematic mentions some revisions that appear on this board (diodes in place of resistors used in earlier models), but not the extra transistors.
I've contacted McIntosh, but haven't heard back.
Edits: 03/29/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - McIntosh MA6100 board revisions - Thermionic27609 09:46:32 03/29/17 (5)
- RE: McIntosh MA6100 board revisions - pictureguy 20:49:53 04/01/17 (1)
- RE: McIntosh MA6100 board revisions - Thermionic27609 09:41:28 04/02/17 (0)
- Suggest you contact Mike Samra - kavakidd 15:23:18 03/30/17 (1)
- RE: Suggest you contact Mike Samra - Thermionic27609 16:26:44 04/01/17 (0)
- RE: McIntosh MA6100 board revisions - airtime 10:01:37 03/29/17 (0)