Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
Hello, Im new here, so any help is appreciated.
I got into vinyl some years ago and have started upgrading my system. Right now I have Wharfdale 240 tower speakers and my recently purchased Planar 3 (with Elys 2 cart). The weak link is the amp Ive had since college, Pioneer Elite VSX21. Im eventually going to add a CD player.;
Im looking for a stereo integrated amp with minimum 100wpc. I dont think ill ever upgrade my turntable again, i may eventually upgrade my speakers. Im leaning towards something relativity reasonable for my amp as i may want to try out tubes sometime down the line.
So far Ive checked out:
Yamaha S701 at $799 (leaning towards this for cost since i may eventually upgrade)
Peachtree 150 at $1799
NAD 375BEE at $1499
Or something used, like a Musical Fidelity A300 i saw posted on here for about $1150. Would this be a better value that the above?
Or just immediately take the plunge into tubes?
Any input would help, thanks!!!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Looking for an amp upgrade... - V01 11:02:55 03/14/17 (6)
- RE: Looking for an amp upgrade... - Mr Peabody 19:03:43 03/21/17 (0)
- RE: Looking for an amp upgrade... - samzx12 18:47:13 03/20/17 (0)
- RE: Looking for an amp upgrade... - Ozzy 04:04:33 03/15/17 (0)
- RE: Looking for an amp upgrade... - PotatoJunkie 19:37:28 03/14/17 (0)
- RE: Looking for an amp upgrade... - jedrider 12:59:29 03/14/17 (0)
- RE: Looking for an amp upgrade... - BCR 12:13:50 03/14/17 (0)