Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Audio Research LS-27 preamp tube replacement

Thank you very much to all who contributed to this thread. I always sincerely appreciate the advice and suggestions based on your personal experience, there is audio-safety in numbers :>)

I have many years in audio, but have never ( until now ) owned an ARC product and just really did not know what to expect in terms of design . All I can tell you though is that I really like the sound of this preamp. It is a little more subtle / laid back than others I have tried, but I am using a speaker that is quite lively with an AMT tweeter and the LS-27 seems to work quite well with it even if the ARC might be accused of being a little " soft " in overall terms, at least it is very musical to my ears anyway.

I will just pick up a new pair of tubes to have on hand and maybe try swapping the old ones out and see if there are any positive changes. If so, I'll leave them in, if not, I'll just put the originals back in and be content with the sound !

Content? Is there such a thing in this hobby ? LOL

thanks again brothers....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.