Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Room size

I run Sonus Faber Cremona floorstanders, not the M. They may be 1 or 2 db more efficient than your Amator's which I believe are standmounted.

I used to drive mine with VAC PA160 monoblocs which could run with 6550, KT88 or EL34/6CA7. I used mostly the latter tubes in ultra linear and triode mode, output similar to the ARC 75SE. My listening room is 12' wide, 25' long and a peaked ceiling averaging 12' in height. Volume was more than adequate. My only point is it all depends on your room size. Unless you have a big pile in the country with a massive drawing room, you will be happy with the amplifier. I have had various ARC pieces over the years and they make a great product.

Not sure if you're in a flat, semi detached or countryside detached but under most conditions, you should be more than fine especially considering the use of a sub. I lived in a mansion block for six years off Ken High St and spent most of my time in the pub with my porter or going to see live music in town.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Room size - zelig 04:52:24 01/25/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.