Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I am pretty sure it cannot work...

Any circuit needs to be complete/The coil is a direct connection of two wires and a motor generating a signal.
One wire to each side is like not making a compete circuit from the cart to the input stage of the preamp.
A cart has four wire, really two pair. You seem to want to put one wire to each of four independent inputs..

Now if you could split the signal, and have it be isolated, so one cart coil was split out to two pairs of wires, with one pair left and one pair right.. to one preamp, and ditto a second..
Maybe. But I do not know if you can do so without screwing up the coils response due to halving voltage... etc.
But I think you would really need to make a device which would act as a buffer.. between the inputs to the two preamps.. Because basically you ARE joining them together electrically input end together.

And possibly it may fry the cart coils from feedback of the preamp reacting to being cross tied electrically (this is just my guessing)
If it blows up.. the cart would act like a fuse.. and the coils fry, rather than both preamps blowing up ... at least that would be probable

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.