Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Relationship between Line Magnetic and Triode TRV ?

I spoke to the dealer in Hong Kong when I bought my LM 219 - Line Magnetic manufacturers (OEM) for several companies including Triode - however, LM makes their own amplifiers they do not sell the same Triode amp under their own name. A Triode amp has no equivalent LM amp for less money. Vincent/Shengya for example have the same amps/CD players and causes issues because the former states they originally design a product but that product strangely existed 4 years prior to Vincent being a company. So who copies who?

LM has two separate divisions - the classic series which is built on WE designs and the second half which is more mainstream like the Silver and Gold lines shipped to the US. They OEM for some other companies - I believe Unison and others. LM apparently (according tot he same dealer) hired the head designer of a big Chinese brand a decade back - Cayin.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Relationship between Line Magnetic and Triode TRV ? - RGA 16:02:48 01/04/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.