Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Need HELP with Subwoofer Choice

I just replaced my old Canton 12" sub in the HT room with a HSU ULS-15 MK2.
I never really used it when playing stereo, which was 90% of the time, but this HSU is sealed and suppose to be their most musical, so I decided to give it a serious try and hooked it up using a pair of balanced Blue Jeans cabled directly from my preamp second set of outputs.

I have not been a sub guy for stereo either, and always believed like Abe, that larger speakers were better, thats why I have Tannoy DC10Ts with 10" drivers. I must say however, this HSU has changed my thinking.
It has added a depth and fullness to the sound stage that I can't believe I have been missing before. It also seems to improve the upper frequncies.
I have the crossover set right where the Tannoys roll off, so it just
Chimes in when it has something to say.

This system is in a larger room than you are setting up, so for your room, which is the size of my dedicated tube room, I would suggest a nice 8" sub, like a Monitor Audio radius 360. I have one with some satilites in the office and its a good quality little sub. You can usually find them used very reasonably priced.

Good luck and have fun.

AB.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Need HELP with Subwoofer Choice - ABliss 17:42:51 12/30/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.