Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Here it is

Factory tour of Line Magnetic, clearly showing assembly of Triode amplifiers in the LM shop....scroll down and look for the red chassis equipment, then compare to what is shown on the Triode website.

Once again there is cross pollination between equipment consigned to a chinese company for construction, and what is eventually produced by the chinese company under their own name.

I saw a reference to this arrangement, was curious, and discovered that it is true. How does this affect both companies ? I don't know. I suppose it cheapens the some of the products from Triode because of the similarities to products sold by LM, at lower price points. That said, LM components have been universally praised for sonics and build quality. These are not chinese firecrackers sold factory direct..... LM has dealer representation in the US, and has been reviewed by US mainstream publications. Triode has very little representation and has been reviewed in english by online publications only.

Unfortunately this is an area where the press could do a much better job of informing the public. Instead the press takes everything at face value and will only admit the emperor has new clothes when directly confronted with evidence. Yes it is possible to claim massive similarities where none exist, but the press has the resources to vet the information for the benefit of the reader. If they don't who will ? If the reader is left in a situation of caveat emptor, is it any wonder why so many are hesitant to believe all of the hype that is thrown around by manufacturers and the press ?

Disclosure: I own a Triode TRV P845SE. I became aware of the amp and of the company when I visited successive AXPONA shows. Triode amps and the rooms they were in were among the best sounding rooms in the shows. I recently found the amp referenced above at a net price that was too good to decline. I am happy with my purchase. The amp sounds great, and seems to have excellent build quality. I posted a review several weeks ago. I can also say that foreknowledge of the above information would NOT have changed my decision to purchase this amplifier. However I also believe that the information should be available so other potential buyers can make an informed decision.

Edits: 12/29/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.