Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Perhaps...

But according to this article from Stereophile says so otherwise...

In 2005, two brothers established the Line Magnetic Audio Co. Ltd., to manufacture in their own factory in Zhuhai, in China's Guangdong Province distinct ranges of CD players, DACs, amplifiers, and loudspeakers. They were motivated by the excellent sound and build qualities and elegant appearance of vintage Western Electric movie theater electronics and loudspeakers.

The elder brother, Zheng Cai, is in charge of Line Magnetic's Classic models, which include high-quality reproductions of such vintage Western Electric gear as the renowned 91A and 86A 300B amplifiers, as well as other WE-inspired inventions of Cai's own design. His younger brother, Zheng Xi, is in charge of a team that creates Line Magnetic's Silver and Gold lines of more affordable audiophile products, including the LM-518IA ($4450), a single-ended-triode, line-level integrated amplifier, based on the 845 triode tube. The LM-518IA has been at the heart of my reference system for more than a year.

Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/content/line-magnetic-audio-lm-518ia-integrated-amplifier#3oyPh0yc8LMvkMcz.99

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.