Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Salon2/St2/Voice 2 amplification.

Hi everyone,

I am in the market for a new system, and I am drawn to the Revel speakers. I love the Studio 2's with a Rogers High Fidelity EHF-200 MK2 amp (tubes), though I think that with some music a subwoofer improves (for me) the overall sound. My new room is quite large (22 feet wide by 24 feed deep, with the entrance on one side adding another 10 feet of depth) so I have thought that the Salon 2's might be a better choice. I went to the Harman showroom in NYC to hear the Salons and the Studios, and actually preferred the Studios, but my local dealer now has the Salons in stock so I am going to do a test of each this week. The two channel system matters most to me, but it will be part of a 5.1 AV setup for movies. I've put Revel speakers in the ceiling behind the viewing area, and plan to get a Voice 2 for the middle speaker and that bigass Revel subwoofer.

Here's my question: I love the sound of the Rogers tube amp with the Studios, but if I go for the Salons, I'm worried that the amp may not have enough power. Would I need to get a solid state amp to power the Salons, and if so, will the music lose the voice and soul that I so love much in the Rogers / Studio 2 combination?

I'll be listening to the speakers and some different amps at my dealer's this week. Harman has offered me an extra deal if I buy by the end of the month (June) so I'll be trying to make up my mind this week. You guys sound great, and I'd welcome any input or suggestions that you can make.

Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Salon2/St2/Voice 2 amplification. - First Tracks 04:15:12 06/25/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.