Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: An articulate review from SoundStage

What's up Feanor? I have really considered a fully digital amp, Channel Island's D200 mkII was on my audition list but I got side tracked by a deal and CI charges 15% restock fee if I didn't like the amps. I also think you like a more neutral or analytical sound than me. I am moving more neutral from where I was with the CJ but I want my electronics to still convey the emotion from the music, that thing that let's you sense the rhythm, pace, and difference in the force of the notes. Are the digital amps doing that for you? If so, I may look into it again. The musicality I am speaking of is very apparent on piano. The difference between a Bryston amp and the Threshold I have were evident with the Threshold maintaining the musicality. The Medusa caught my eye with the good reviews and from the description given by reviewers sounds like it could have good synergy with my Van Alstine preamp. As well as brute force with control.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: An articulate review from SoundStage - Mr Peabody 07:52:54 09/15/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.