Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

That's Incredible!! But I like the Cary in this case.

The price of a really good 12AX7 or sub can run over $99.99. Even a lower quality tube costs something. The chasis and face plate of many pre amps would cost multiples of the price of this entire unit. If he can get this for European voltage it seems like a no brainer. I might buy one myself. All that said....
Of the pres you listed I know the SLP-05, the Aesthex and have heard the BAT. The one I think may give you most of what you want is the Cary. That pre uses 6SN7s thru out, which you can roll if your not happy with the ones you get with the pre initially. The Cary cost under 10,000 so you can buy this new. The styock tubes are Chinese if I'm not mistaken, which don't provide much warmth. Upscale Audio sells them and can assist you in choosing tubes. Upscale has NOS tubes in stock and know the pre well. Not sure if Uncle Kevin at Upscale can sell overseas and with duty etc. it might be prohibitive.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • That's Incredible!! But I like the Cary in this case. - Mechans 07:54:57 08/10/12 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.