Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE:Quality is important - BUT

The MC2 Audio MC1200 has been discontinued but can still be purchased badged as Quested AP1400. They were (or are) also rebadged as Tannoy, DynaudioAcoustics, TurboSound and Funktion One.
According to Roger Quested, an extremely highly regarded designer of studio monitors (he did the Abbey Road monitors before Abbey Roads owners decided to take the cash offered to them by B&W to use theirs) it is the best amp in the world today regardless of price.

MC2 Audio amps have been voiced by Ian McCarthy who in his previous career co-founded E.A.R. with Tim de Paravincini. Terry Clarke, the founder of Klark Teknik then made it road-worthy and practically bomb proof. You can run them on full power forever if you want or need to even if you run four 8Ohm subs in parallel ie they are stable into a nominal 2Ohm load.

I spoke to Ian on the phone once and according to him in domestic use you are highly unlikely to ever leave class A operation.

Edits: 07/02/12 07/02/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE:Quality is important - BUT - b.l.zeebub 04:06:31 07/02/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.