Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I disagree

I have not seen or sold one of these amps in production-ready status, as they have been undergoing metalwork issues. Nor have I been promoting them here.

As such, they didn't enter my mind when posting what I thought was a reasonable suggestion arising from years of experience voicing systems all over North America.

(FWIW - I use Quicksilver Mid-Mono amps, which sell for $1895/pr.)

What did enter my mind was the hundreds of systems set-up by audiophiles with mismatched amps that I've heard that were satisfying on a sound-effects-level, but never on a serving-the-music-level.

You can say all that you like in a disparaging manner - however, it was my intent to help and is the only reason I post here.

I do not and have not mentioned the products I sell. Well, actually that's not entirely true - I was asked various questions about Avantgardes when I was the distributor from 2000-2005 and - honestly speaking - get lots of e-mails even now. But I've always tried to reply as factually as possible, but minus the hype we sometimes see in certain quarters.

All that being said, I'd be surprised if your system is performing at more than 50% of its performance capabilities if you reject common-sense advice from folks with vastly more successful experience that you have.

But it your prerogative to make character insinuations.

When you think about the manufacturer/industry types who no longer post here, this is an excellent example of an inducement to just give up on providing advice.

Not that my advice is anything special, but I've been contributing here when I thought I could help for about 12 years. Go back and read what I've said and look for self-aggrandizement.

Not sure why, but the description of my advice as bunk especially hurts. Hopefully you were just having a bad day when you wrote it.

Best regards,

Jim Smith

Edits: 05/20/12 05/20/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.